This 6 in 1 product packs in everything needed to repair, recover and reset your mind and body for maximum athletic performance*, muscle growth* and overall rest. The elements in PowerDown AminoPM™ were designed to prime your body and keep you anabolic during deep restful sleep. You will experience more GH release*, more REM sleep, a relaxed mind and a refreshed mood with every serving. In addition to containing specific ratios of EAA’s, AminoPM contains L-Leucine (the key anabolic amino acid) and Active TR a time release form of L-Leucine that releases for hours while you sleep. AminoPM also contains adrenal gland reset elements that will naturally support hormone regulation* and stress levels while decreasing tolerance to stimulants*. This formula fills the gaps in your daily supplementation and provides true recovery like you have yet to experience. PowerDown to PowerUp with PowerDown AminoPM! PowerDown AminoPM is Formulated to Support: Deep Restful Sleep*, GH Release Support*, Promote Anabolic State*, Support Muscle Repair & Recovery*, Promote Protein Synthesis*, Support Mental Recovery*, Support Adrenal Reset & Health*and Maintain Nitrogen Balance*.
Amino PM Ingredient Breakdown
Multi-Stage mTOR & Recovery Elements
- ActiveTR – is a revolutionary technology that causes a release of leucine to start three hours after consumption
- L-Leucine – helps maintain muscle tissue through sustaining nitrogen balance, supplies energy to the body even when under the stress of training and preserves muscle glycogen used for muscle contraction. Leucine is essential for a muscle building environment and assists mental ability even when exercise becomes more intense. L-Leucine is the strongest of the BCAA’s and if you do not have enough of it in proportion to other amino acids, your body cannot utilize what you ingest. An L-Leucine deficiency will mean that you cannot use protein that you consume, regardless of how much you have.
- L-Glutamine – plays a key role in protein synthesis. Studies have shown that L-Glutamine supplementation can minimize breakdown of muscle and improve protein metabolism. It has been linked to protein synthesis, it helps maintain cell volume and hydration, and can help increase GH levels.
EAA & Uptake Elements
- L-Lysine – is an EAA. May help support muscle growth, help reduce symptoms associated with angina, act as an anti-inflammatory, and help reduce stress and anxiety.
- L-Valine – is an EAA and one of the BCAAs, and is needed for muscle metabolism and coordination, tissue repair, and for the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance in the body. It is used as an energy source by muscle tissue. It has been used to treat liver and gallbladder disease. It promotes mental vigor and can calm emotions.
- L-Threonine – is an essential amino acid that promotes normal growth by helping to maintain the proper protein balance in the body. Threonine also supports cardiovascular, liver, central nervous, and immune system function.
- L-Phenylalanine – L-Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, and serves as a building block for the various proteins that are produced in the body. LPA can be converted to L-tyrosine (another amino acid) and subsequently to L-dopa, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. LPA can also be converted (through a separate pathway) to phenylethylamine, a substance that occurs naturally in the brain and appears to elevate mood.
- L-Histidine – is an essential amino acid, which converts to histamine, a powerful blood vessel dilator, involved in gastric acid secretions and neurotransmission in the central nervous systems. L-Histidine is needed for growth and for the repair of tissue, as well as the maintenance of the myelin sheaths that act as protector for nerve cells. It is known to help protect the body from damage caused by radiation and also helps in removing heavy metals from the body. L-histidine is also required by the body to regulate and utilize essential trace minerals such as copper, zinc, iron, manganese and molybdenum. L-Isoleucine – is one of the proteinogenic amino acids that aids in the production of protein. It is a branched chain amino acid (BCAA) that is classified as a hydrophobic amino acid. One of its main benefits is increased strength and rapid muscle repair when combined with other amino acids
- L-Isoleucine – is one of the proteinogenic amino acids that aids in the production of protein. It is a branched chain amino acid (BCAA) that is classified as a hydrophobic amino acid. One of its main benefits is increased strength and rapid muscle repair when combined with other amino acids
- Bioperine® – Studies indicate that it promotes nutrient absorption. This is due to BioPerine®’s interaction with the surface of the intestinal tract. BioPerine® is non-irritating to the gastrointestinal tract. Some of the ingredients that it has been shown to uptake are lysine, isoleucine, leucine, threonine, valine, tryptophan, phenylalanine, and methionine, calcium, iron, zinc, vanadium, selenium, chromium, iodine, potassium, manganese, and cooper.
GH Support & REM Elements
- GABA – Gamma-Amino Butryic Acid is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter that helps nerve impulses communicate. GABA supports the nervous system as well as natural hormone production. GABA has been linked to supporting stable mood, relaxation and restful sleep. It may also help support the production of hormones that can build lean muscle and metabolize fat
- L-Arginine HCL – This amino acid studies show that when taken before bed it can help to increase the amount of natural GH produced while asleep. It works by inhibiting a hormone that normally blunts the release of GH thus allowing the body to produce more.
- L-Ornithine HCL – This amino acid has also been linked to increased natural GH release during sleep and has typically been paired with Arginine for even greater effects of GH levels. L-Ornithine also has an ant fatigue effect in increasing the efficiency of energy consumption and promoting the excretion of ammonia.
Mind & Mood Recovery Elements
- L-Glycine – Glycine is an amino acid that has a calming effect on the brain. Additionally, glycine can help remove toxic substances like lactic acid from the body, and it may also increase the use and availability of growth hormone. When glycine is included in a balanced formula of amino acids, it is helpful in slowing down the breakdown of muscle tissue. It is also helpful in healing damaged muscles or in simply rebuilding muscle tissue in athletes who participate in extreme workouts. Additionally, glycine seems to boost strength and muscle development.
- Mucuna Pruriens Extract (std. 50% L-DOPA) – This herb has a high L-Dopa content. L-DOPA converts into dopamine, an important brain chemical involved in mood, sexuality and movement. Mucuna can also help with the natural production of GH and Testosterone in the body. L- Dopa contains natural secretagogues which may support the body’s ability to stimulate the natural release of growth hormone. The blood carries the dopamine into the brain, where it naturally increases HGH production from the pituitary gland. The increased dopamine levels also optimize the production of other hormones, including testosterone, leading to increased sex drive and improved sexual performance for both men and women, beneficial in stimulating muscle growth, as well as burning fat from fat cells.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL – offers benefits for memory, mental energy, information processing, reasoning, learning and prolonging your attention span. Acetyl-L-carnitine delays onset of age-related cognitive decline and improves overall cognitive functions. It also protects against brain degeneration, helps with energy production in mitochondria of cells, and removes toxins from the mitochondria.
Adrenal Reset Elements
- Ashwagandha Extract – 2.5% – is a significant adaptogen providing adrenal and immune support, for increasing resistance to environmental stressors and as a general tonic. Ashwagandha contains several important active constituents including withanolides. Its mechanisms of action include pain relief, antioxidant effects, reducing inflammation, stimulating thyroid function, as well as respiratory and immune function. Some researchers have claimed that ashwagandha has an ant stressor effect. It appears that it may suppress stress induced increases in dopamine receptors in the brain.
- Avena Sativa 20:1 – helps to regenerate a depleted and exhausted nervous system, It is helpful in cases of adrenal exhaustion. Traditionally, oat straw has been used as a remedy for stress, anxiety, depression, and overall tension.
- Licorice Root Extract (22% Glycyrrhizin Glabra) – supports combating stress and supporting adrenal health. Licorice root does in fact combat the effects of stress and helps the body and mind to unwind.
- L-Tryptophan – L-tryptophan has been used in alternative medicine as an aid to treat sleep problems (insomnia), anxiety, depression, premenstrual syndrome, attention deficit disorder, and for smoking cessation and other conditions. It is converted in the body to serotonin and increased serotonin levels in the brain improve symptoms of depression
- Melatonin – helps establish normal sleep patterns to promote a more restful, relaxing sleep and better overall health